[mythtv-users] MythVideo - different file type player on remote frontend

Greg Lucas-Smith bwobbones at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 14:16:20 UTC 2011

Hi,

  I have a combined FE/BE server and a remote FE running out in my theatre.
For the MKV file type I have it set to use mplayer as an external player and
it's causing me a slight headache.

  The problem is that the audio configuration in the mplayer command is
slightly different for each machine.  The FE/BE uses straight SPDIF for
audio and the FE uses HDMI.  I can change the command in the file type
settings to work on either system but it must be the same field in the
database so any change is reflected on both servers.

  Anyone know how to specify the per-file-type-player for a remote frontend?

Greg