[mythtv-users] Hauppauge 1600 card type

Adrian Fox mindwalker59 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 29 04:40:37 UTC 2011

I'm trying to set up mythtv again after having reinstalled Gentoo.  I have a
Hauppauge 1600 card which used to work.  The problem is that the card type I
used to use is no longer in the available options - Capture cards, new capture
card, card type.  It used to be ATSC/QAM 3.x or something like that but nothing
in the possibilities is even close.

The firmware is loaded and appropriate xc18 modules are loading (with udev).  It
doesn't seem like a driver issue, but if it were, would the options for card
type just not appear?  Incidentally, when "IVTV MPEG-2 encoder card" is
selected, which should work for the analog half of the card, the screen says
"Failed to open," indicating that there is a problem with the analog side as
well.

Searching through google and the mailing list archives hasn't turned up anything
that would help.  Any suggestions?

Thanks.

                    DANG!
                    Do not look into laser