[mythtv-users] Weird old-frame problem editing recordings, but only at 5+ second jumps (even after .24 +fixes upgrade)

Kingsley Turner krt at krt.com.au
Wed Jun 29 00:09:21 UTC 2011

Hi,

I have this problem with the MythTV video editor/trimmer thing.

When I step through the video at 1-frame, 0.5 seconds, or 1 second
everything is OK.

However when I step through at keyframe, 5 seconds (or more) the image I was
viewing before pushing [right-arrow] (or [left]) obscures the new frame
image.  However I do see the correct frame for a split-split-second before
the old one obscures it.  So the 'cursor' is advancing through the video,
but I can never see exactly where I'm up to.

That sounds a bit convoluted - here's an example.

Say I have a news recording before a program I want to trim off.  On my
screen I see the face of the news-anchor-dude.  I set the jump to 1 second,
and press [->] and the cursor advance, and a new video frame is shown (it's
still the same guy though).  All this is correct.

So I up the jump time to 5 seconds, press [->].  I see a screen flash of the
new frame, but it's immediately covered by the frame I started on (the news
reader).  I push [->] about 10 times.  As I do it, I can see the cursor
advance, and a flicker of the correct frame (into my nature-programme now),
but every time that original news reader image is back.  I set the jump-time
back to 1 second, and it works fine.

I had this problem with 0.23, but had hoped it would go away with 0.24.  It
hasn't.  It's a real problem with the keyframe jump.  I want to trim every
last peice of the previous programme away, but this problem makes it really
difficult - almost trial and error.

I run the nvidia-binary driver - NVIDIA-Linux-x86-260.19.29.  But various
upgrades to this driver have yielded no resolution.

Any advice here?

The last time it worked properly for me was 0.21

thanks,
-kt