[mythtv-users] High analog recording failure rate

Gerald Schepens schepens at shaw.ca
Mon Jun 27 23:00:41 UTC 2011

Hello,

I'm running MythTV version 0.24 (MythTV version 0.24.1-2.fc14
(3657f313ac), library API version 0.24.20110505-1).  The computer is an
Asus P4-PE motherboard, i686 processor.

Ever since upgrading Fedora to F14 from F13, I have had a high rate of
recording failures.  I have two capture cards, both analog Hauppauge --
a PVR 250 and a PVR 350.  (Total of 3 tuners.)

The pooched recordings appear to be the proper length, but they have
muffled audio concealed under a high steady squeak.  Usually the video
is normal looking, but occasionally the video also appears to be
mis-tuned -- wavy, noisy images which are generally of the correct
program.  I've tried having each of the three tuners be enabled on its
own and have not been able to single out any specific one as *the*
culprit.

As much as anything I think I just need to verify that the analog
capture is still fully supported.  However any tips about other things I
can try would be greatly appreciated!