[mythtv-users] MythTV Hardware Upgrade Questions

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Mon Jun 27 14:31:37 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 09:27:36AM +1000, Julius Roberts wrote:
> On 26 June 2011 02:31, Aaron <aaron at rb303.net> wrote:
> > So I want to upgrade my hardware from a Quad Core Intel (q8200) to a
> > Six Core AMD (1055T) system.
>
> You're upgrading your supercomputer for a faster supercomputer??

...not sure if the new system is going to be faster really. Will probably
run cooler though. I made this transition myself when I managed to knock
the CPU fan loose in my last box.

[deletia]

   Extra CPUs are great for background jobs if you happen to have a lot
of tuners. Faster cores are better if you need to do software decoding
of any video.