[mythtv-users] Effect of auto-expire on recordings history

David Engel david at istwok.net
Sat Jun 25 20:58:24 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 09:41:05PM +0100, John Pilkington wrote:
> I usually transfer my recordings to an archive and then delete them from
> the 'Watch Recordings' screen.  Their details remain in the database; if
> it's in the database it's (somewhere) in the archive and there's usually
> no need to record it again.
>
> This model breaks down if the recording discs get full and a programme
> is auto-expired before archiving; it won't be in the archive and it
> won't be recorded again.  I'm not really interested in the fact that it
> was once recorded, I just want to know if I ought to be able to find it
> (and it would, of course, be nice to be told where to look, but that's a
> separate problem).
>
> Is there a mechanism for removing auto-expired recordings from the
> database?  I suppose I could extract details from the backend log and
> work from there, but a more direct method would  be better.

Go to "Manage Recordings" / "Previously Recorded" in mythfrontend.
AIUI, there is no comparable screen in mythweb.

BTW, programs that are auto-expired and are not watched are
automatically marked as allowed to re-record.  There is a setting on
the second page of "Utilities / Setup" / "Setup" / "TV Settings" /
"General" to control the re-record handling of programs that are
auto-expired and are watched.  N.B. this handling only marks the
program so that it won't be treated as previously recorded.  If you
used a single or find-one recording rule or deleted the original
recording rule, you will have to manually create a new rule in order
to match and record that program again.

David
--
David Engel