[mythtv-users] Tuner HW Advice?

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 23:44:37 UTC 2011

I've been asked about setting up another MythTV system for a family member.
Unlike mine, theirs will be capturing shows from OTA ATSC (North America)
sources. To start with, they want to be able to record two shows at the same
time, hence I'm looking at dual-tuner options.

My question is whether there are other options I should consider besides the
SiliconDust dual-tuner ethernet-attached unit (HDhomerun) and the Hauppauge
HVR-2250 internal card.

For that matter, is there any particular reason to go with one of these two
over the other?

TIA for any advice.

Craig.