[mythtv-users] mythtv/master commit: 53cf459f3 by David Engel (gigem)

David Engel david at istwok.net
Wed Jun 22 16:01:21 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 04:05:02AM -0700, Yeechang Lee wrote:
> David Engel <david at istwok.net> says:
> > > David, is this the two-pass scheduler you've mentioned wanting to
> > > implement at some point?
> >
> > No, and I don't recall wanting to do a two-pass scheduler.  I
> > certainly don't at this point.
>
> I was thinking of the conversation at
> <URL:http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/441175#441175>.
> Is there any overlap between the referenced patch and your commit, or
> do they do entirely different things?

I was afraid you might dig up some incriminating URL from the
archives. :) I'd completely forgotten about that patch since it isn't
attached to a ticket.

Anyway, no there is no overlap.

Also, after relooking at that patch, I might just include the
pre/postroll consideration automatically in the openend logic.  I'm
undecided on whether or not I would include the second pass, though.
It goes back to the fundamental problem of not being able to read the
users mind.  Would you rather have a fully padded recording of a lower
priority showing or a less/un- padded recording of a higher priority
showing?

David
--
David Engel