[mythtv-users] external tuner channel change causes crash

Andrew mythtv at cain.id.au
Tue Jun 21 22:43:09 UTC 2011

Since upgrading to 0.24 changing I have a problem with losing audio then
aborting tv or a frontend crash when changing channels on an external
satellite tuner.

The basic setup hasn't changed for some years, however, perhaps there
are some changes necessary due to 0.24 I'm not aware of.

The crash only occurs when using an external  satellite decoder which is
connected to myth via the composite input of a
software V4L decoder and the audio via the sound cards line input.

On initial tuning of the channel, all is fine, video and audio is
present.  Hence my recordings are OK.  However, on Live TV, although the
initial tuning is OK with both audio and video, if I change channels
(via an IR blaster script) then the audio is lost and tv eventually
either aborts back to the main menu or the frontend crashes.  This has
only occurred since upgrading to 0.24.

I have attached a frontend log with some additional debugging turned on.
in this log the first channel tune is successful at 2011-06-15
07:53:40.236.  However, it fails when changing channels one minute later
at 2011-06-15 07:54:45.903

Any suggestions?