[mythtv-users] how do I change max recordings?

Jim Morton Jim at Morton.hrcoxmail.com
Tue Jun 21 14:12:26 UTC 2011

On 6/21/2011 9:43 AM, Per Kofod wrote:
> Hi
>
> On my newly installed mythology HTPC box I have run into a problem:
>
> I have the box configured with 4 tuners (2 internal DVB-C PCI tuner cards,
> and a HDHOMERUN box with 2 tuners) I have configured max simultaneous
> jobs to 4; but if I try to schedule recordings, so I at one point have 3
> recordings
> at the same time, I get a conflict marking.
>
> I have not been able to find a setting for max simultaneous recordings
> anywhere.
>
> Is this a hard limit somewhere in mythTV, or are there a place where I
> can change
> this?
>
> I have no need to use this box for Live TV; but would be able to be able
> to record
> from 4 tuners at the same time, the hardware should be powerful enough
> to handle
> this, as there is not much processing needed for a DVB channel.
>
> Per

The only limit is the number of available tuners. What is the source for
the HDHR? and the DVB tuners?
you might have something set wrong.

Or this might be normal. For example I have 2 HDHRs with OTA as the
source. They are defined as 8 tuners so I can record 8 OTA programs. I
also have 2 HDPVRs with satellite as the source. So I can also record up
to 2 programs on a satellite channels. So there are 10 tuners defined
yet I still have hard limits of 8 for OTA and 2 for satellite. Make sense?