[mythtv-users] Using devinput but devinput lircd.conf file does not contain all my remote buttons on Harmony One

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Mon Jun 20 17:35:17 UTC 2011

On Jun 14, 2011, at 10:42 PM, Gabe Rubin wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 9:03 AM, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hrm. What does 'ir-keytable' without any args spit back?
>>

> [root at localhost ~]# ir-keytable
> Found /sys/class/rc/rc1/ (/dev/input/event2) with:
>        Driver ir-kbd-i2c, table rc-rc5-tv
>        Supported protocols: RC-5
>        Enabled protocols:
>        Repeat delay = 500 ms, repeat period = 33 ms

Completely and totally NOT the keytable I was expecting, and that
probably explains some things... This one was, iirc, merged into the
hauppauge one after 2.6.38 or so...

So *before* loading a new keytable, try:

ir-keytable -s rc1 -r

The -s can be used to select non-rc0 devices. The -r says "read the
currently loaded keytable". I'm now wondering if that keytable uses
full rc5 codes (device + button) or just the button codes...

>> Interestingly, it doesn't seem there's a rule that would actually
>> load the haupp table in there. Providing a line to add will be easier
>> after seeing the ir-keytable no-args output though.
>
> Does the info I put up above help with creating a rule I can add?  I
> am not even certain that a rule would help though.  I rebooted using a
> more recent kernel (2.6.35.12-88.fc14.i686) and tried loading the
> specific haupp keytable but when I do that, irw recognizes no keys.

Hrm. That's surprising. Does 'ir-keytable -t -s rc1' behave entirely
silent as well?

> This is what I did:
>
> When I do this, I get the following output:
> [root at localhost ~]#  ir-keytable -c -w /etc/rc_keymaps/haupp
> Old keytable cleared
> Wrote 46 keycode(s) to driver
>
> If I unload and reload the ir-kbd-i2c module, irw will recognize the
> same keys it did when I originally loaded the module and not recognize
> the same keys it didn't recognize before (but dmesg is showing me that
> the system is recognizing all the keys).  Of course, if I try to load
> a keytable at that point, I get the error "Not found device rc0"
> because I have loaded it previously and as you noted, the rc device
> moved to rc1 instead of rc0.

Yeah, ir-keytable -s rcX to tinker with non-rc0 devices. The utility could
and should be extended to try to find the first device and always operate
on it if no device is specified...

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com