[mythtv-users] HDHR and Comcast

James Oltman cnlibmyth at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 13:34:45 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 7:07 AM, Nasa <nasa01 at comcast.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to setup lineup with the HDHR and Comcast.  As
> some might know, Comcast has a limited number of channels
> it sends out in the clear (via QAM).  The channels seem to
> be a mix of OTA and cable stations.  I am a schedules direct
> member and want to match thier programing info up with my HDHR.
>

> How do I go about doing this?  I followed the steps from the wiki
> ( http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Scte65scan and
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Silicondust_HDHomeRun ).  Using the steps to
> find
> the VCT_ID (it listed several, but only one looked like what I was
> getting) was straight forward -- but it doesn't match any of the
> lineups from schedule direct (the wiki says use OTA, but that
> doesn't include all the stations).

Unfortunately, I did this all by hand.  I had my laptop open, with several
Firefox tabs of the local PBS stations (Comcast in my area broadcasts two
PBS stations).  And those PBS stations each have 3 channels associated.  So
I just matched up what was what, then input the XML_TV_ID number from
Schedules Direct into my DB, and it started working.  It takes a little
time, but probably faster than mucking about with the SCTE65scan (at least
for me).

Jim