[mythtv-users] Duplicating EPG between different sources or channels ?

Warpme warpme at o2.pl
Sun Jun 19 14:00:06 UTC 2011

Hi *

I'm looking for best way to resolve following problem:

I have SAT source with nice 7-day EPG.
I have also DVB-T with 3 mplexes where 7 TV channels are the same like
broadcasted by SAT.
For scheduling consistency I want to have the same EPG on the same
channels regardless of source (SAT or DVB-T) so I want to use SAT as
master EPG source and propagate EPG to DVB-T channels.

Q is: what is best method of duplicating EPG from one source or channel
to another ?

Currently I see following options:
1.copy appropriate program table entries from SAT channels to relevant
DVB-T
2.use solution from http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/2416

1\
(+)is simple and effective
(-)requires direct access to DB - so I'm afraid interferences with myth
scheduler / EIT grabber

2\
(-)requires code patching
(-)can only be used between different sources and only for one
destination channel
(+)access to DB is coordinated by myth so no any risk of interferences
with myth scheduler

Maybe there is third option to solve this ?

Thx in advance !