[mythtv-users] Problems with jamu video metadata grabber script

Greg greg12866 at nycap.rr.com
Thu Jun 16 00:32:07 UTC 2011

On 06/15/2011 07:14 PM, Julius Roberts wrote:
> On 16 June 2011 00:44, Greg<greg12866 at nycap.rr.com>  wrote:
>>> I am also unable to add the metadata by hitting M in mythvideo; it
>>> just doesn't add the metadata it, it's as if the video can't be found
>>> on the internets.
>>>
>> I don't think you need Jamu for adding videos to your collection.. Once
>> you have the video copied to your SG,bring up your frontend,then open
>> Media Library, watch videos and browse to where you copied the
>> video..Then hit the "M" key and choose "Scan for Changes" the new video
>> should now be present.. Now you highlight your video and press the "W"
>> key and if you have named the video properly it will download the
>> metadata for the video...
> Yes, what you have described is how it should operate when it's
> working.  The issue i have is that it's not working :)

Then you should make sure you are running the correct version of python
(mine is 2.6.6-2 using ubuntu).
Also you should look in your log for any clues.. There was similar
conversation on IRC today..This persons problem turned out to be a
corrupt database..I would check your database health first,then logs...