[mythtv-users] DCX3200 Fails in 0.24-2

moodyjunk at frontiernet.net moodyjunk at frontiernet.net
Wed Jun 15 23:50:30 UTC 2011

>Note that DCX-3200 is just a text label, and has nothing to do with
>its supported status.  What allows or prevents a firewire box from
>working is the code containing the vendor and model IDs for the
>particular version of the box you've got.  The DCX-3200 can (and does)
>have numerous vendor and model IDs, and each time a new one is
>discovered, it needs to be added to the code.  Not ideal, but it's
>just the way it works, sadly.  Anyway, the models and vendor IDs of
>the DCX-3200 we knew of up until .24 are supported.  If it doesn't
>work for you, it is probable that you have a vendor or model ID we
>have not yet seen.

Looks like I have model DCX3200/A285/011.  I also see on the label Platform ID 2054 Phase 2 and F/G NO 570406-002-00.  Where can I see the list of DCX3200 models supported (perhaps my cable company can provide me one of those)?  I'm running Mythdora and going the "modify and compile" route is going to be a learning experience so if I need to go that route I'll need a guide.

Jerry