[mythtv-users] Disable screensaver in Fedora 15

Chris Payne chrisgpayne at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 22:21:36 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 4:01 PM, kanetse at gmail.com <kane.tse at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 8:20 AM, Chris Payne <chrisgpayne at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>        dconf write /org/gnome/desktop/session/idle-delay "uint32 0"
>>>        dconf update
>
> Sadly, this solution did not work for me.  I still have to press a key
> on my physical keyboard for I see the MythTV menus.  Do I need to
> restart X for it to take effect?

I did not have to restart X for the dconf changes Gregorio suggested
to work. Is it blanking or going to powersave? The other thing I
mentioned I did was a couple xset commands:

xset s off
xset -dpms

They take effect immediately, verify by "xset q" (look for DPMS).  I
still have these execute under the myth user on each gui autologin,
I'm not sure if they are still needed, or are even still effective. If
I have a chance, i can check.
--
Chris