[mythtv-users] Lirc & Harmony 525 Key repeat problem

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Wed Jun 15 17:11:16 UTC 2011

On Jun 14, 2011, at 12:23 PM, Ian Clark wrote:

> On 14 June 2011 16:16, Ian Clark <mrrooster at gmail.com> wrote:
> [Snip X thinking the bloomin remote was a keyboard]
>
> This has fixed the issue for me. Remote working fine. :)

Yeah, um, still Doing It Wrong(tm). This has been covered a TON
of times on this list and the lirc list. The new in-kernel drivers
can use either or both lirc userspace decode and in-kernel decode,
with key events delivered via the standard linux input layer.

echo lirc > /sys/class/rc/rc0/protocols

is the more correct fix. File an RFE asking that your distro's
lirc initscript does that for you, so you don't get both lirc and
native linux input layer keypresses at the same time.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com