[mythtv-users] firewire fragility

kanetse@gmail.com kane.tse at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 20:53:06 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 9:48 AM, Mike Perkins
<mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:

>> If the system is doing nothing but recording, it can record HD all day
>> with no problems at all.  However, if I connect to the backend with
>> either mythweb or mythfrontend, or if commercial flagging is running
>> while a recording is in progress, there's a very high likelihood that
>> mythtv will somehow loose its ability to read the firewire stream.  It
>> won't actually stop recording, but it won't ever write new data to the
>> output file.

While I don't have the same symptoms, I have found that re-running the
firewire primer script can sometimes resolve firewire loss of
connection issues.  I set-up a cron job to run the firewire_primer.pl
script every half-hour; however, my notes indicate that I didn't need
it after MythTV-0.21.