[mythtv-users] Lirc & Harmony 525 Key repeat problem

Ian Clark mrrooster at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 15:16:51 UTC 2011

On 14 June 2011 10:49, David Watkins <watkinshome at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I would appreciate any ideas on what I can do to resolve this. Is there a 'lirc' file that
>> can be adjusted that I may have missed?
>
> There is a 'per-button' repeat setting in the .lircrc file
>
> http://www.lirc.org/html/configure.html
>
> repeat = n
> tells the program what shall happen if a key is repeated. A value of
> zero tells the program to ignore repeated keys. Any other positive
> value 'n' tells the program to pass the config string every 'n'-th
> time to the according application, when a key is repeated. The default
> for repeat is zero.

I used to have this set at 3 for the affected keys, it's now set at 5.

This just has the effect of increasing the delay after the initial double press.

Eg if I press 'Left' I get 'LeftLeft           Left Left Left'

Increasing this value just puts more space there. :(

> This will only work if your remote commands are being captured by
> lircd, not if they are being placed directly into the keyboard event
> buffer.

Hmmm, now that's got me thinking. I had no input at all until I
compiled the mceusb driver, and before that I'd checked the Xorg log
file, however I've not checked it since...

I think you might've solved it!! In my xorg log I've got:

(II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Media Center Ed. eHome
Infrared Remote Transceiver (0471:0815)" (type: KEYBOARD)

So I've added:

Section "InputClass"
  Identifier "Ignore Philips mce remote"
  MatchProduct "Media Center Ed. eHome Infrared Remote Transceiver (0471:0815)"
  MatchIsKeyboard "true"
  Option "Ignore" "true"
EndSection

To my xorg.conf, and now in the logs I see:

(II) config/udev: Adding input device Media Center Ed. eHome Infrared
Remote Transceiver (0471:0815) (/dev/input/event4)
(**) Media Center Ed. eHome Infrared Remote Transceiver (0471:0815):
Ignoring device from InputClass "Ignore Philips mce remote"

So hopefullly this is now sorted. I'll report back when I get home and
can actually touch the remote. :)

Cheers all,

Ian