[mythtv-users] gentoo baselayout 2 - restart ing mythbackend.. on internet restart

Andrew Stadt acstadt at stadt.ca
Tue Jun 14 04:22:13 UTC 2011

Sorry about the top post, I'm on my droid at the moment and it doesn't give me a choice.

IIRC, you can change a setting in /etc/rc.conf (rc_depend_strict I think) that determines how it handles dependancies for services, net in this case. You may also want to ensure that /etc/init.d/net.eth1 is in the default run level and you're not depending on the device manager to hotplug it for you.

Sorry can't give more detail at the moment, but I'm about 1200 miles from my computer.

BTW: when you upgraded from baselayout-1 to baselayout-2 did you run dispatch-conf?  For some reason on my systems the ebuild did not do this automatically.

HTH,

Andrew.

Sent via MOTOBLUR™ on Verizon Wireless