[mythtv-users] Commercial Detection accuracy in Australia?

Christopher Kerr mythtv at theseekerr.com
Mon Jun 13 02:54:55 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 8:26 AM, Julius Roberts <hooliowobbits at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 13 June 2011 07:26, Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Not great in my view. I'm running .24 and my guess is I get 50% hit rate if
>> I'm lucky. On earlier versions it was better so it's a shame but these days
>> we just press fast forward a few times when we reach ads.
>>
>> I'm on Sydney FTA. Interested to hear other's views.
>
> We're in Hobart and the ad detection is not really up to scratch.. if
> you consider that sometimes it flags during the tv show, and other
> times doesn't flag during the ads, it's basically not much chop; i
> should add that i am not complaining :) we love myth, and we just
> accept that ad detection isn't what it could be.
>
> fwiw, yes it is better on some shows than others, i have one show in
> which it works flawlessly, but in most other cases, it's the ffwd
> button.

Yeah, I seem to get good results on Channel 7 Two (but not 7) and
reasonable results on Channel 10. Channel 9 it seems to get the ads,
but also significant chunks of the program, so that's not so good.

For some reason I also get a large number of programs where Commercial
Flagging has failed entirely - it runs, it completes, and it finds no
ads at all.

- Chris