[mythtv-users] OT: HTPC Cases - Touch screens et al.

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Sat Jun 11 01:06:33 UTC 2011

On 6/10/2011 2:17 PM, Ronald Frazier wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 9:38 PM, Jarod Wilson<jarod at wilsonet.com>  wrote:
>> they're impossible to see from any reasonable distance.
>
> I agree completely. I've got the iMon LCD and I actually spent quite a
> bit of time with it, getting it working, contributing some code to the
> lirc driver, helping people in the codeka.com forum figure out how to
> get the damn thing working, writing some custom software to control it
> and integrate into myth somewhat. After all was said and done, when I
> actually put the damn thing in my living room instead of my office
> (where it sat 3 feet away from me on my desk) I suddenly realized the
> thing was almost unreadable from any real distance. Tried adjusting
> the "contrast", but that's just a total joke since it's not actually a
> contrast, but rather a brightness (as the text gets brighter, so does
> the background get brighter by an equal amount, and it's still as
> unreadable as ever).

I have the iMON VFD which I have to say is nice.... but I'm talking just the VFD part which LCDproc easily supports other VFD's based on any 44780 chipset hooked in the myriad of ways that one can connect a VFD to a PC.

the iMon part is mostly irrelevant.

--
Ben Kamen - O.D.T., S.P.
Home: ben at benjammin.net                       http://www.benjammin.net