[mythtv-users] Anyone using a Kworld UB499-2T (USB Dual DVB-T Tuner)?

MS ms2 at hipcat2.plus.com
Fri Jun 10 13:01:26 UTC 2011

On 10/06/11 09:22, nospam312 wrote:
> I am looking for feedback from anyone using a Kworld UB499-2T (USB
> Dual DVB-T Tuner) with MythTV?
>
> Is is reliable? Do both tuners work well?
>
> UK Freeview / Myhtbuntu
>
> TIA

I am now on my third one of these usb tuner sticks.  The first half
worked for a short while, the second had one tuner quickly fail and I
just used the remaining tuner until that too gave up the ghost.
This third one has been working for a couple of weeks.  However I
currently have a problem with some programmes failing to record and I am
suspicious that this may be due to the KWorld stick not liking to have
both tuners simultaneously sending more than one stream per multiplex,
that needs more investigation.

In short I wouldn't go so far as to say both tuners "work well" nor
would I use the expression "reliable" but at least they ARE cheap.

You pays your money and you takes your chance.

MS