[mythtv-users] OpenGL render problems with radeon and 0.24.1

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 02:52:30 UTC 2011

On 10 June 2011 10:43, Douglas Peale <Douglas_Peale at comcast.net> wrote:
> I can confirm that both openGL and xv-blit are broken
> When using OpenGL, the size of the video tracks the size of the gui window, even when the settings say to do the video full
> screen. (I prefer to have the gui use a smaller window and the video run full size). When the gui is full screen, the video is
> full screen too, but it is dropping frames and causing the audio to hesitate when the video hesitates.
> With xv-blit, the image size is good, and the sound is good, but the video drops frames when effects are enabled in Ubuntu, and
> the image tears when effects are disabled.
>
> The system is an i7 with 6GB Ram, and an ATI HD4850 video card driving a 2560x1600 monitor. I'm using the open source driver.
> The display was working properly under ubuntu 10.10
>
> I will be happy to provide any requested info if you can tell me how to get it from my system.

Douglas

You don't say what version of mythtv your are using or which driver
versions - and there is more than one open source driver.

That said, the XVideo issues are almost certainly driver related and
OpenGL performance is a known issue as noted in my previous reply.
I'll look into the OpenGL size problem.

regards

Mark