[mythtv-users] record live/first showing of sports?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Jun 9 21:13:25 UTC 2011

On 06/09/2011 02:50 PM, David Engel wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 09, 2011 at 01:09:58PM -0400, Steven Adeff wrote:
>>> I don't see any rules with the first showing filter enabled (0x80 bit
>>> set in dupin).  Which ones do you think are using it?  Looking closer,
>>> I don't see where mythweb supports that option for normal rules, so
>>> you'd have to enable it in mythfrontend.
>> What is "31" mean for dupin? that looks to correspond to the schedules
>> I have set with "New Episodes Only" in mythweb.
> dupin is a bit-mask, but mysql prints it in decimal.  The value 31
> corresponds to 0x10 (new episodes only) + 0x0c (reserved, should be
> set) + 0x02 (check for duplicates in in old recorded) + 0x01 (check
> for duplicates in recorded).

Wouldn't 31 be kDupsInAll (0x0F) | kDupsNewEpi (0x10).  I'm pretty sure
that's where MythWeb is getting it because the "Check for duplicates in"
setting is set to "All recordings" and the "Filter" setting is set to
"New Episodes Only".

But, yeah, it seems that MythWeb doesn't support kDupsFirstNew, so you
can only set it with the frontend editor.

The only options MythWeb has in its rule editor for "Filter" are, "New
Episodes Only," "Exclude Repeat Episodes," "Exclude Generic Episodes,"
and "Exclude Repeat and Generic Episodes."

Mike