[mythtv-users] .25 release schedule

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 17:27:39 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 5:18 PM, Richard Morton
<richard.e.morton at gmail.com> wrote:
> Iirc myth was trying to move to a 6monthly release cycle to coincide roughly
> with ubuntu releases. Is this still the plan or was this dropped for
> logisitical reasons?

Our release schedule doesn't have any relationship with Ubuntu
releases other than a similar window.  Our intent to release
frequently hasn't been dropped.  We've recently started some tasks
which are going to take a number of releases and it makes picking a
good spot to release a bit harder.  I know we still want to make
regular releases but it might be reasonable to expect that .25 and .26
might be at slightly longer increments.

We have definitely talked about it, and have thrown out some basic
ideas of things we'd like to see done before .25, but there's wasn't
any timeline set.  I expect it to be this summer or early fall,
personally.

> Is there a feature freeze date or target set of features reqd before betas
> are created? I don't know what the mythtv release cycle procedure is...

It's informal.  When it feels like it might be time for a release,
someone starts the conversation and we try to hash things out.  There
have been a number of recent stability improvments, but also a number
of branch merges.  My personal preference is to see some light between
changes like that and the release to make it as free of bugs as
possible.

Robert