[mythtv-users] BBC HD mux switching to DVBS2

Gareth Glaccum gareth.glaccum at btopenworld.com
Thu Jun 9 15:37:05 UTC 2011

From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Wayne Thomas
Sent: 09 June 2011 11:55

> I guess the answer to whether I stand a chance or not, is no. Scandvb
> returns
> (among other things):
>
> Network Name 'ASTRA'
> Network Name 'ASTRA'
> WARNING: >>> tuning failed!!!
> WARNING: >>> tuning failed!!!

I have the exact same problem with my TeVii S460 not tuning when using
mythtv-setup (admittedly I am only running 0.22) and I couldn't get it to
work with scan or dvbscan.  I downloaded scan-s2 and have managed to get a
lock on the S2 channels.  Tonight I will attempt to tune mythtv by importing
the channels.conf file, I'm not certain it will work but I am a whole lot
closer then I was yesterday.

I created a file called initial in the same directory as scan-s2 itself (for
some reason I couldn't point it to files in another directory anywhere else)
with the following line:

S 10847000 V 23000000 8/9

I then executed the following command:

./scan-s2 -a 8 -X -x 2 -o zap 'initial' > ~/channels.conf -s 1

Please note that the ' ' was required around the file name initial (don't
know why) and that my DVB-S2 is adapter 8 (thus the -a 8).

Here is the content of my channels.conf:

BBC HD:10847:v:1:23000:5500:5502:6940:6
BBC One HD:10847:v:1:23000:5400:5402:6941:6
ITV1 HD:10847:v:1:23000:2333:2334:6942:6
6945:10847:v:1:23000:5500:5502:6945:6
6942:10847:v:1:23000:0:0:1035:6

Hope this helps, good luck (I think we need it)

----

Looks like you are getting further than I was. I was unable to get a lock at
all. I think my version of myth (and yours) should be capable of at least
locking to a dvb-s2. However, if scandvb cannot lock, I think there is a
more fundamental issue.
Out of curiosity, what kernel are you running, and which driver set? I am on
2.6.27.41