[mythtv-users] External channel change program for Scientific Atlanta 4240HDC?

Christian Szpilfogel chriszpml at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 01:47:54 UTC 2011

On 05/06/2011 12:57 PM, R. G. Newbury wrote:

> Mark,
> Offhand I don't think that there are any pages in the wiki dealing with
> the Rogers boxes. I'm still on Rogers analog but there is no telling
> exactly what will happen come the end of August with the OTA digital
> changeover in Canada.
>
> Besides all of the OTA fun and games, I would NOT be surprised to find
> that Rogers will suddenly claim that *everyone* has to go digital, and
> cut off the analog feeds.
> In which case it's a HDPVR for me to replace at least one of the tuners
> in the PVR500. And so I would like to know that there is a resource out
> there. And I will have to add a firewire card.

Geoff,
I have Rogers with a 3250 and a 4250 that has no problems changing
channels using firewire. Mind you I don't use Ubuntu.

The best script I have found for any SA box is:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/majoridiot?action=AttachFile&do=view&target=mythchanger.10f.beta.tar
Power on/off/status can be controleld with:
http://code.google.com/p/stb-command/

The Rogers boxes respond only to Power on/off/status and channel
changes. They do not stream video so you will need either an HD-PVR or
use the s-video port out as a feed in to say a PVR150 or 500.