[mythtv-users] Ceton as low as $256 with Linux support

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Wed Jun 8 00:00:25 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 4:35 PM, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com> wrote:
> The card is simply another network attached tuner just like the
> HDHomeRun.  Even though it is a PCIe card, it is set up as a network
> card hard wired to another Linux system.  Even if Ceton doesn't publish
> a tool like SiliconDust, and doesn't publish any documentation on the
> protocol, one could always follow MythTV's support as a guide for
> developing such a utility.

Yeah, I see that now in the link that Tom provided. Interesting how
that works. Doesn't seem like it should be too difficult to hack
around (though it might possibly require some HTML screen scraping to
get info out of the web interface). It also seems like it might be not
too difficult to hack something together to allow sharing the tuners
between multiple systems.

--
Ron Frazier