[mythtv-users] mythbuntu 11.04 lirc mceusb module - how?

Devin Heitmueller dheitmueller at kernellabs.com
Tue Jun 7 21:43:55 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 5:36 PM, Tim Draper <veehexx at gmail.com> wrote:
> ok, back on mythbuntu 11.04 again... where we were an hour ago..
> IR software isnt available/required for the 6891 card, so no, thats not been
> installed.
>
> timestamps on that location do change. i took a copy of that location prior
> to installing the tv card (working), and then compared that to after the
> drivers were installed; timestamps do change, but when doing md5sum against
> the files; the checksums remain the same... so they get touched, but not
> modified.
>
> i also though i'd take the liberty of dmesg and lsmod outputs before/after
> tbs drivers...
> dmesg ok: http://pastebin.com/cBd7Mm2v
> dmesg fail: http://pastebin.com/zWm3D2KP
> lsmod ok: http://pastebin.com/1v8xTPRz
> lsmod fail: http://pastebin.com/0NWmGFHS
>
> ok = before tbs drivers; mceusb module working
> fail = after tbs drivers & reboot; mceusb module not working.

If TBS is shipping their own out-of-tree drivers, then this is almost
certainly a symbol conflict issue.  It's their problem, so you should
take it up with *their* technical support, or get them to submit the
drivers upstream.

Vendors cannot have it both ways:  either they submit their drivers
upstream and we help out with the support, or they keep them out of
tree and they take on the responsibility for all support related
matters.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs