[mythtv-users] Missing --passthrough option in mythtranscode

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Tue Jun 7 10:37:00 UTC 2011

On 06/06/2011 13:01, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> Hi
>
> On 6 June 2011 20:41, Paul Gardiner<lists at glidos.net>  wrote:
>> In any case, it sounds like I should give your backport 0.24
>> branch a go. I'll report back.
>
> interested to know how it will go...
>
> let me know

Not quite, but close I think. The audio passes through perfectly,
but it now seems to be that only every Nth video frame is passed
to the video pipe, where N is somewhere between 3 and 10. I don't
mean it varies between 3 and 10. It is a constant factor. It's just
that I don't know what the factor is. (I've just realised that I could
find out by changing the frame rate I reencode at until I get the
right speed - I can do that if you like). The effect I see is
the audio is fine, and the video looks to be on fast forward. It's
not that ffmpeg is messing up the mux, because I can do a video-only
encode and I still see the same problem (and not if I remove --passthrough).

I'd love to see this fully working. If you can give me a few pointers
as to where the problem might be, then I might be able to help. My
guess is that mythtranscode is miscalculating how much time duration
corresponds to the amount of sound produced. Some time ago, it didn't
used to work correctly for raw sample. I had a problem on an earlier
version where I was getting repeated frames rather than missing frames.
That went away when I upgraded to 0.24.1

Cheers,
	Paul.