[mythtv-users] BBC HD mux switching to DVBS2

Andre mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Mon Jun 6 21:24:07 UTC 2011

On 6 Jun 2011, at 21:34, Robert Longbottom wrote:

> On 06/06/2011 21:02, Another Sillyname wrote:
>> It would perhaps we useful if we could compare what our mythconverg
>> table now reads.
>>
>> mythconverg.channelscan_dtv_multiplex
>>
>> mplexid = 51
>> frequency = 10847000
>> symbolrate = 23000000
>> fec = auto
>> polarity = v
>> hp_code_rate = auto
>> mod_sys = DVB-S2
>> rolloff = 0.20
>> lp_code_rate = auto
>> modulation = qpsk
>>
>> I have both a TBS 6980 Dual and a Hauppauge DVB-S2 in this machine and
>> the TBS is working fine with these settings but the Hauppauge can't
>> get a Lock.  As the box is in active recording mode till about 11pm
>> tonight I've just shoved the HD records onto the TBS till I can have a
>> look later.
>>
>> Has anyone got a Hauppauge DVB-S2 card working with different settings
>> and if so could you post them here please.
>>

> I updated mine manually - just changed the symbolrate, fec and mod_sys.
>  Seems to work ok with my Mystique Satix S2-dual card.  I've only tried
> live tv, first recording due to start in 27mins....
>
> dtv_multiplex now looks like this:
>
> mysql> select * from dtv_multiplex where mplexid = 39\G
> *************************** 1. row ***************************
>           mplexid: 39
>          sourceid: 1
>       transportid: 2050
>         networkid: 2
>         frequency: 10847000
>         inversion: a
>        symbolrate: 23000000
>               fec: 8/9
>          polarity: v
>        modulation: qpsk
>         bandwidth: NULL
>      lp_code_rate: NULL
> transmission_mode: NULL
>    guard_interval: NULL
>           visible: 0
>     constellation: NULL
>         hierarchy: NULL
>      hp_code_rate: NULL
>           mod_sys: DVB-S2
>           rolloff: NULL
>        sistandard: dvb
>    serviceversion: 0
>   updatetimestamp: 2011-06-06 17:43:58
> default_authority:
> 1 row in set (0.00 sec)

Here come the me toos :-)

          mplexid: 805
         sourceid: 12
      transportid: 2050
        networkid: 2
        frequency: 10847000
        inversion: a
       symbolrate: 23000000
              fec: auto
         polarity: v
       modulation: qpsk
        bandwidth: a
     lp_code_rate: auto
transmission_mode: a
   guard_interval: auto
          visible: 0
    constellation: qpsk
        hierarchy: a
     hp_code_rate: auto
          mod_sys: DVB-S2
          rolloff: 0.20
       sistandard: dvb
   serviceversion: 33
  updatetimestamp: 2011-06-06 17:38:08
default_authority:
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

This working for BBC HD & One HD, Nova HD-S2 & Satix S2 dual, set from a single existing mux scan, 0.24

MythTV Version   : v0.24-430-ga546458
MythTV Branch    : jyavenard/backports/fixes/0.24
Network Protocol : 63
Library API      : 0.24.20110505-1
QT Version       : 4.7.0