[mythtv-users] mythbuntu 11.04 lirc mceusb module - how?

Tim Draper veehexx at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 15:46:07 UTC 2011

maybe i am; i do have little linux knowledge, and everything i do is based
from other users problems.
i agree, what i currently have seems way to complicated and i seem to have
more problems than most!

so how do you get lirc to use the mceusb module? In the lirc 0.8.7
./configure script, it has a profile for mceusb. Select it, continue through
the configure section, make, and then make install works.
Lirc 0.9.0 doesnt include the mceusb module and it doesnt detect 'mceusb'
module automatically (i presume it should do if it's now included in the
kernel), so i cant 'repair' lirc to get it working again after the TV card
drivers are installed.