[mythtv-users] External channel change program for Scientific Atlanta 4240HDC?

Mark Lord mythtv at rtr.ca
Sun Jun 5 14:48:26 UTC 2011

On 11-06-04 07:51 PM, Greg wrote:
> On 06/04/2011 06:12 PM, Keith Pyle wrote:
>> Does anyone have a working program for changing the channel on a
>> Scientific Atlanta 4240HDC via Firewire?  The usual searches turned up
..
>> For now, I'm just trying to get channel changing via Firewire through a
>> standalone program instead of using lirc - not trying to capture in Myth
>> over Firewire.
..
> Look at the third post....
> http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-712789.html
..

That stuff didn't work at all for us here (Rogers Cable 4250HD box).
But we eventually did find a combination that worked,
using the *new* firewire stack (as opposed to the "old" stack that
Ubuntu rams down our throats), in conjunction with another firewire
program -- forgot the name, but if you need it I can look it up
when I get back in a day or so.

This was for a friend's setup, not my own (strictly OTA).

Cheers