[mythtv-users] OT: Buying a new TV - Sharp Quattron or 3D?

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Sat Jun 4 17:18:48 UTC 2011

On 6/4/2011 9:27 AM, R. G. Newbury wrote:

> And I will never, ever again buy anything Sony. The root-kit and the
> blackmailing of geohotz says far too much about the corporate culture.

I too have embarked on voting with my dollar against the favor of Sony.

I've had problems with only a couple of their products (and have only had a couple of their products).
But I've also had friends with worse problems with their products.

My first digital camera was one of their first digital camera.
It was an awesome camera. I miss using it -- the menus and features were really nice.
Of course, that was when I COULD use it.

The custom (read: $50+) lithium would only last about 6mo even if I charged it once a week.
Every time I took the battery out, it would be really darn hot (bad for lithiums)

So I chalked it up to the concept that sony spent a zillion dollars on software, but not so many dollars for the guy who designed the battery charger.

After a couple cycles of buying a new battery from sony, I just got a camera that took environmentally UNfriendly Alkalines.
(so to speak)

At least I could count on the camera WORKING.

  -Ben

--
Ben Kamen - O.D.T., S.P.