[mythtv-users] How does mythtv determine tuning frequency?

Jerry Rubinow jerrymr at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 14:24:54 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 10:16 AM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>wrote:

> On 06/04/2011 10:06 AM, Jerry Rubinow wrote:
> > Myth suddenly started tuning to the wrong frequencies for my
> > HDHomerun.  I wanted to tweak just the few channels I get through the
> > HDHR, and I was unable to determine how it gets from the channel entry
> > in the "channel" table in the DB to the frequency it uses in the
> > channelscan_dtv_multiplex table.
> >
> > One channel in the channel table, for example, has a mplexid of 101
> > and a serviceid of 1143.  I look up the entry
> > in channelscan_dtv_multiplex with a transportid of 101.  This has a
> > frequency of 645000000.  However, this is not what I see in the
> > logfile that myth is tuning to - 513000000.
>
> For digital channels, MythTV uses a starting frequency, then uses the
> information specified by tables in the digital stream you receive on
> that frequency.  If your frequencies have changed for a digital source,
> you really need to rescan.

I expect frequency reassignments by the provider are the only thing this
could be, since I haven't modified my system recently.

Is it advisable to first clear the existing tables somehow?
 My  channelscan_dtv_multiplex has over 300 entries in it, and my
channelscan_channel table has over 2500.  I should mention my system just
has an HDHR and a HD-PVR.

-Jerry