[mythtv-users] OT: Buying a new TV - Sharp Quattron or 3D?

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Fri Jun 3 21:41:12 UTC 2011

On 6/3/2011 4:23 PM, Raymond Wagner wrote:

> TV sales are in a lull, so "3D" TV is
> something new that was manufactured in an attempt to get everyone to buy
> all new TV sets.

Yep. Just another new gimmick. And while it'll probably be refined down -- ultimately, being an early adopter is just painful on the wallet.

As I've said before about HD, I really don't care about HD since a TV show's story is what makes me watch it -- not how many freckles I can count on an actresses cheek from 10ft away.

I recently stopped at BestBuy for a wall mount LCD bracket and walked past some of the blue-ray demos that were playing one of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. The detail was so amazing, I was almost grossed out by the close-ups of just about all the pirate actors. (So much for makeup!)

When counting freckles turns into counting blackheads... yea.. I'll pass. Technology (and BlueRay) is not doing Hollywood stars any favors.

  -Ben

--
Ben Kamen - O.D.T., S.P.