[mythtv-users] Recordings starting a minute late instead of early

Mark Boyum mark at boyum.us
Fri Jun 3 13:10:40 UTC 2011

> When it asks "how many seconds to start earlier" you should give a POSITIVE
> number e.g. 60  for 1 min earlier. I had understood by mistake that you need
> a negative there (the control mistakenly allows this!!) and if you put -60
> it will start 1 minute LATER.

I'm not sure that I would say, "mistakenly".  Negative numbers are
used in quite a few of my recording rules as many of my son's programs
on PBS start upwards of 3 minutes late and end five or more minutes
early.  Using negative numbers Myth is able to record less stuff that
he isn't interested in.

:)