[mythtv-users] Sasktel IPTV (Microsoft Mediaroom) - Again.

Chris Payne chrisgpayne at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 19:51:55 UTC 2011

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 11:34 AM, <greg at nodecam.com> wrote:

> > I am using fedora 14, and only the latest kernel seems to work.
> > The HDPVR receiver doesn't show repeats, so I still use the MCE to
> > receive.
> > I run two lircd daemons from this script run from /etc/rc.d/rc.local
> <snip>
>
> Out of curiousity, couldn't a udev rule be used to force your device
> names?  I'll plead ignorance on how to do it, but if that's what I wanted
> to do, that's where I'd start looking.
>
> I've successfully gotten my backends set up with the hdpvr blaster, and
> everything is going along great with my new setup, though we had a power
> outage that the max boxes didn't recover from withouth manual intervention
> (I had to unplug them and plug them back in.)  Something to be aware of.

Do either of you care to share more details of your setup? I currently run
an mceusb remote, and am attempting with mixed luck to get the HD-PVR
blaster working in conjunction with this. Any details, configs, scripts, etc
would be greatly appreciated. The lirc setup seems to be a bit of a black
art to me.....

I am on Fedora 15, mythtv 0.24.1 with fixes

Thanks in advance.
Chris
chrisgpayne at gmail.com