[mythtv-users] mythtv 0.24.1 ps3 upnp size issues

emarkert at aim.com emarkert at aim.com
Thu Jun 2 16:32:21 UTC 2011

i was used to having issues trying to view recordings that were file sizes over 4GB via upnp on my PS3.  however, i'm having issues with file sizes, but this time it starts somewhere after the 1GB limit.

1GB is about 30 minutes record time on my system.  shows over that time length end up with a truncated time.  so, for an hour the time may be 9 minutes, 2 hours might be 12 minutes etc. what is truly odd is that this week's recording of The Killing played fine, while shows recorded after this episode don't.  all of these recordings have the proper length when viewed from mythfrontend, just not via upnp

i searched through the list archives and through the tickets, but couldn't find a solution.  closed ticket 8477 id'd the issue in 32 bit systems, changing nFileSize to size_t in upnpcdstv.cpp.  the latest type is set for uint64_t.

i have a fresh 32 bit install of the latest debian 6 based mepis 11 and the most current version of mythtv available from the debian multimedia repository

MythTV Version   : v0.24.1
MythTV Branch    :
Network Protocol : 63
Library API      : 0.24.20110505-1
QT Version       : 4.6.3
Options compiled in:
 linux release using_alsa using_jack using_oss using_pulse using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_directfb using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libfftw3 using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl_video using_opengl_vsync using_qtdbus using_qtwebkit using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_xvmc using_xvmc_vld using_xvmcw using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_live using_mheg

and my PS3 has the latest firmware available.

mythbackend -v upnp doesn't produce any errors. i've even tried mythbackend --upnprebuild and also --clearcache but still have the same issue