[mythtv-users] Slightly OT: ATI Remote Wonder with Fedora 15

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Jun 2 13:48:47 UTC 2011

On 06/02/2011 09:21 AM, John Welch wrote:
> I'll check with Axel to see if the 'lirc_atiusb' module is something
> that he has provided in the past and may be able to package for F15.
> Failing that, I'll work on the 'ati_remote' method.

FWIW, I like/use lirc_atiusb driver because it allows me to use the
"mouse" device as regular remote buttons instead of as a (useless to
MythTV) mouse.  If you don't care to change the mouse to regular remote
buttons, using ati_remote with lirc's devinput driver to provide a
custom mapping of buttons is likely the easiest approach.  (I'm pretty
sure--though not positive--that the ati_remote/devinput approach cannot
be used to treat remote mouse events as button events.)

Mike