[mythtv-users] 0.25: since 10 days PVR-500 fails to tune?

Herman Kuiper herman at frontier.nl
Wed Jun 1 16:15:28 UTC 2011

> Well, that's almost definitely the problem.  I have some idea how the
> MythTV channel scanner works, but have no idea what state your data is
> in when it's all just hand-poked into the DB.  :)

Not hand-poked :-) Used the channel editor in mythtv-setup, just entered
the correct frequencies there. The scanner doesn't work over here:

> It's kinda late, but I never used the channelscanner in the past, I
> always handprovided either frequencies or channel numbers like E5 and so on.
>
> Setting up myth with a PVRxx0 in the netherlands using analog cable
> would be something like this:
> Install the xmltv-package.
> Get an alternative grabber for your listings from:
> http://code.google.com/p/tvgrabnlpy/
> symlink the script you downloaded above to tv_grab_nl in /usr/bin(where
> the other grabbers live)
> configure the grabber per above page
> Start mythtv-setup and configure a new listing called something like TVGids
> Use the configuration you made above and connect it to your PVR.
> After running mythfilldatabase for the first time you can then connect
> the frequencies to the channels via:
> http://<insert-hostname>/mythweb/settings/tv/channels
> After this you should be good to go.

This is (I'm pretty sure) exactly what I've done (with a different
tv_grab_nl though). "It always worked in the past" :-(

Jos, I assume you're running a 0.24 version? Maybe I'll try downgrading
(using 0.25 for the new audio code), or checking the commits for any
changes in channel selecting using frequencies...

What kind of surprises me is:

> 2011-05-31 21:46:28.023 V4LChannel(/dev/video1) Error: GetCurrentChannelNum(784000): Failed to find Channel

where a frequency appears to go into a function related to channel
*numbers*?

	Herman