[mythtv-users] xv-blit used instead of opengl

Joey Morris rjmorris at nc.rr.com
Sat Jul 30 20:31:38 UTC 2011

"Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote on Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 03:57:53PM -0400:
> On 07/30/2011 03:38 PM, Joey Morris wrote:
> > I've pasted the output to http://pastebin.com/SGmm2jh4. pizarro is
> > the host in question. Its results start on row 28.
>
> Please go into Utilities/Setup|Setup|TV Setting|Playback, 3rd screen,
> and you'll find your selected Playback Profile group (CPU++).  Within
> that group, you will see 2 Playback Profiles.  Edit the first of these
> Playback Profiles (the one that shows something like "> 0 0 < 0 0,
> ffmpeg, opengl ...".  In the editor, delete the 2nd comparison--the "< 0
> 0" comparison.
>
> Those criteria make that profile a non-match for all video, which is why
> it's not using the profile.  It then falls back to the 2nd profile "> 0
> 0, ffmpeg, quartz-blit ...", which matches--but since you're not on Mac
> OS X, the quartz renderer isn't available, so it falls back to Xv.  (In
> truth, you can delete the 2nd profile if you don't/won't use Mac
> frontends, since it's only useful on Mac OS X.)

Thanks, that was the problem. I got rid of the conflicting comparison,
and now opengl is working. I must have accidentally changed that
second match condition from blank to < at some point while navigating
around the Settings screens.

As an aside, I see only that first profile on the Settings screen for
CPU++, despite the database showing two profiles. I checked a couple
other groups, and the database includes more profiles than the
Settings screen displays for them, too. For example, CPU+ has 5
profiles in the database, but only 3 are on the Settings screen.