[mythtv-users] Myth Front End hardware. DNLA, boxes, PCs, etc.

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Sat Jul 30 13:47:51 UTC 2011

On 30/07/11 13:36, Andrew Stadt wrote:

> Given the HD-PVR's, I'm assuming you're in the north american market place.

Not so! HD-PVRs are available for at least the UK market. I wouldn't be
surprised if they are available elsewhere, after all, they don't rely on the
local transmission standards, do they?

Here in the UK, they'll be absolutely essential for getting HD out of a Virgin
cable box or a Sky satellite box. As both these proprietary systems are closed
and probably non-standard, there is no alternative. As far as I know, one can't
even use CI modules and cards with them.

--

Mike Perkins