[mythtv-users] Ceton InfiniTV 4 and patches to support it

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Fri Jul 29 19:10:08 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 1:47 PM, Mike Perkins
<mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:
> Maybe, but is the Ceton card the correct thickness? Even a few microns can make
> a difference to how well a board fits in the connector. Add to that a back plate
> which may be slightly too close/too far away or slightly offset and it can make
> fitting a card a matter of good luck.

Mike answered the thickness question. As far as distance, the bottom
of the card seems to sit flush up against the systems back panel, the
same as any other card. And doing a rough estimate with a piece of
cardstock, the Ceton appears to be perfectly square, where as (as I
suspected) the angle between my back panel and my PCIe connector is
greater than 90 degrees (creating at least a 1/8 inch gap at the top
of the card)

--
Ron Frazier