[mythtv-users] MySQL related BE deadlocks - collective wisdom needed

E. Westbrook mythtv-users at westbrook.com
Fri Jul 29 19:05:45 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 02:58, warpme <warpme at o2.pl> wrote:

> I'm using master daily on production system and my current overall
> impression is that it works better (much better) than 0.24.
> Comparing both: I didn't notice any areas where master has noticeable
> regressions to 0.24 (oh, PIP is one from them) but I see many many
> improvements.
> Speaking by emotions: master is much much more pleasure to use.

+1 here.

I would encourage the project leadership to call for a feature freeze on
v0.25pre today, and then stabilize, resolve issues, and ship it, while
simultaneously opening a v0.26pre branch for larger existing or ongoing
work.

Current master is just that solid.  I tried both master and 0.24-fixes
recently for my new clean install from scratch.  The comparison wasn't even
fair, in terms of usability, quality, and stability.

$0.02,
Eric