[mythtv-users] Big Myth system (2-3 satellite receivers + capture devices, 5 tvs, Samsung DLNA) ?

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Fri Jul 29 14:48:03 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 4:56 AM, Andre <mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk> wrote:
> As to scheduling, browsing etc. I find the mythfrontend very clunky (more an issue of the remote and TV limitations than any UI failure) and use mythweb almost exclusively for recordings management, it works very nicely on a tablet and also you can browse what to watch next, schedule shows mentioned during programming without interrupting the current playback.

That's funny, because I couldn't disagree more.  Mythweb is very
resource intensive and seems to take forever to load a page or do much
of anything.  It's far easier and more reliable to do this stuff from
the frontend interface.  And I can't imagine not caring about the loss
of access to the commercial skip function.

Eric