[mythtv-users] I got my Ceton InfiniTV 4 working in 0.24-fixes (compiled with custom code)

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Fri Jul 29 11:26:44 UTC 2011

> Ron would have to correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think he designed
> his code for use as a clear-QAM tuner within MythTV.  Besides, adding it as
> a clear-QAM tuner may not help you any in the long run.

Actually, I did. The first iteration of my patch was entirely written
before I even got a cablecard. I wasn't entirely positive I'd be able
to get the Ceton working in myth, so I didn't want to pay to upgrade
my cable package (I previously only had basic cable, no digital or HD)
unless I could absolutely get this thing working in QAM mode. Once
that was working I then ordered my cablecard and added the necessary
code for cablecard support.

After that, I found I needed to rewrite my HTTP code because I needed
to keep an eye on the card and make sure it successfully tuned. Since
doing this rewrite, I don't remember if I've pulled out the cablecard
to retest QAM support. As far as I know, it should still work (I tried
really hard not to break it as I did my rewrite). However, when I made
that update to the patch yesterday, I noticed there was a bug in the
QAM code and so I fixed it. There may be other bugs I didn't catch. I
still need to retest it again. I was gonna do that last night, but
there were programs recording back to back all evening. It may be the
same tonight, so I might not get a chance to test it until Saturday
morning.

--
Ron Frazier