[mythtv-users] Thanks to the Devs!!

James Oltman cnlibmyth at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 19:06:01 UTC 2011

Last night I upgraded my MythTV (Ubuntu 10.10x64) to the latest from JYA's
repo (I think he's backporting some features).  I'm currently running:

joltman at mythbackend:~$ mythfrontend.real --version
MythTV Version   : v0.24.1-207-g5180d26
MythTV Branch    : jyavenard/backports/fixes/0.24
Network Protocol : 63
Library API      : 0.24.20110505-1
QT Version       : 4.7.0
Options compiled in:
 linux debug using_alsa using_oss using_pulse using_pulseoutput
using_backend using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_dvb
using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr using_iptv
using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl_video
using_opengl_vsync using_qtdbus using_qtwebkit using_v4l using_x11
using_xrandr using_xv using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_live
using_mheg

Somewhere along the line, some magic was added.  In the past, I have had to
change the Audio Sync for each video/recording (~120ms for 60Hz content,
~240ms for 24Hz content).  After the upgrade, the last "Audio Sync" rate is
remembered!  I no longer have to put it in every time.  That's very exciting
for me!

While I love this feature, it would be awesome if I could put in a setting
to tell Myth that 30/60Hz content is ~120ms and 24Hz content is 240ms.
 Then, I could sit back and watch whatever, whenever.  The current feature
will be great in regards to GAF.  Thanks so much Devs!!

Jim