[mythtv-users] I got my Ceton InfiniTV 4 working in 0.24-fixes (compiled with custom code)

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Thu Jul 28 18:40:13 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 1:45 PM, Tom Bongiorno <two.bits.11 at gmail.com> wrote:
> It looks like this problem is a definite possibility.  If this problem
> affects anyone, then I would get on the horn with your provider an complain
> FWIW.

I'm just keeping my HDHR.

My hope is that mythTV will eventually be able to handle tuner
selection appropriately, based on info from cable card tuners like the
Prime/Ceton, which can report the CCI values programmatically in near
real time.

My wife still misses our TiVo, which stopped getting listings updates
this year.  She doesn't trust the mythTV because it just misses too
many recordings because the channel mappings for the different video
sources are never right and even if they were right, they become
obsolete almost immediately.

Eric